Paris, 10 November 2022
The Shanghai International Arbitration Center (SHIAC) and Jus Mundi have formed a unique partnership to make non-confidential SHIAC arbitration information freely available to the world for the benefit of the public good, and to enhance the world’s understanding of arbitration in China.
The partnership will serve to increase global understanding of the use and stability of international arbitration in China, forming a trusted history of internationally recognized dispute resolution.
Jus Mundi will host SHIAC non-confidential arbitration materials and information publicly, making materials searchable to the global public through Jus Mundi’s advanced AI-based platform and research tools.
Discussing the partnership, Weijun Wang, Secretary General of SHIAC, stated that:
“Among the many advantages that the arbitration system can offer, confidentiality is one of the most important considerations for users in choosing and using arbitration. International arbitration is now faced with the question of how to enhance the transparency of the process and the expectation of the outcome of the award without compromising the principle of confidentiality.
In recent years, SHIAC has been publishing annual reports, which have been effective in enhancing parties’ understanding of SHIAC’s business and arbitration practices and helping them to form stable expectations of awards in such cases. In the future, through the cooperation between SHIAC and Jus Mundi, we will make joint efforts to improve procedural transparency and increase commercial certainty of awards.”
Jean-Rémi de Maistre, CEO of Jus Mundi, said that:
“The importance of the world having a greater understanding of arbitration in China cannot be understated. As cross-border flows of commerce increase, so too does the need for the world to understand more about the stability and usefulness of international arbitration in China.”
“Our unique partnership with SHIAC aims to improve global understanding of international arbitration in China as a recognised and trusted form of dispute resolution, enhancing legal knowledge for all.”
The partnership will see select SHIAC materials and information hosted on Jus Mundi’s comprehensive international law and arbitration database.
Approved by Shanghai Municipal People’s Government in 1988, Shanghai International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (also known as the Shanghai International Arbitration Center; previously known as the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission Shanghai Commission, hereinafter referred to as “SHIAC”) was established through a formal procedure and legitimately registered, and has been acting as an independent arbitration institute all along.
With 30 years of development, the number of cases administrated by SHIAC has been steadily increasing. The types of disputes include, but not limit to, financial asset management, international trade and sale of goods, private equity, construction, finance leasing, aviation transactions, digital transactions, cultural and creative industries. The average amount of dispute at SHIAC ranks in the front among top Chinese arbitration institutions. Parties from more than 85 countries and regions have participated in arbitration proceedings administered by SHIAC. The awards of SHIAC have been recognized and enforced in nearly 50 countries and regions. The Panel of Arbitrators of SHIAC is constituted by 1115 arbitrators. All the arbitrators come from 80 countries and regions around the world. 754 arbitrators which take 67.62% are from Mainland China, while 361 which take the rest 32.38% are from Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan region and foreign countries.
About Jus Mundi
Contributing to building the rule of law internationally is everyone’s responsibility. Jus Mundi democratizes access to global legal information with unprecedented efficiency, thanks to a multilingual search engine that combines international legal expertise with artificial intelligence.
For more information, please click here.
For media queries, please contact: s.ashtijar(at)jusmundi(dot)com
SHIAC 与 Jus Mundi 宣布建立合作关系，以加强对中国仲裁的了解
Jus Mundi将在其平台上发布SHIAC的非保密仲裁资料和信息，使全球公众可以通过Jus Mundi基于人工智能的先进平台和研究工具检索其资料。
Jus Mundi 首席执行官 Jean-Rémi de Maistre 表示：
“我们与 SHIAC 的独特合作关系旨在提高全球对中国国际仲裁作为一种公认的、值得信赖的争议解决形式的理解，从而提高所有人的法律知识。”
该合作伙伴关系将在 Jus Mundi 的综合国际法和仲裁数据库中看到精选的 SHIAC 资料和信息。